Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Passion vs. Profit

As I looked out over the crowd today, I observed my children interact at their school. I heard is it profit or passion? Mrs. Hood and Ms. Sluder are definitely examples of passion. I heard God say it's the passionate that will survive.

I believe the worst day in education was when the theory was presented that one could hold a carrot to lure teachers to teach. There are many jobs that are suitable to be for profit. Teaching simply is not one of them. Our children are simply too valuable to be placed at such risk.

It is awesome to reward those who have a proven track record and the rewards should be great for those who produce! However, we are going to continue to see massive losses because only the fittest will survive. It is definitely a job created for the passionate at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment