Monday, January 10, 2011

"I am Missing You and Nobody Knows it But Me"

Recently a friend reminded me that I am one of the few of my friends that are still married. She asked that I share some ways we have gotten through 17 years of marriage. While it has been one of the most difficult experiences of my life, it has also been one of the best experiences of my life. My recent experience desiring to merge my spiritual life and my natural family life was very difficult. However, my husband and I survived.

Ironically we managed to use "secular" music videos from the past to express our frustrations because I really don't like arguing. I chose "I'm Not Your Superwoman" and he replied I don't want you to be, I just want you to be you. He then replied in song "I'm Missing You, But Nobody Knows it but Me." It was therapy for us and maybe it will help some of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment