Saturday, January 29, 2011

God has done all the great things that have happened in my life!

I was sitting here thinking of the songs my Mom used to teach me as a child. The one verse that stayed on my heart is "I don't care what the people may say, I'm gonna get on my knees and pray, I'm gonna wait, wait, wait til Jesus comes." There are people who have called me the Jesus lady, there are people saying all I want to do is eat, sleep and breathe Jesus. There are people saying why do you continue to wait on God?

All I can say is when you have been through what I have been through and have not completely lost your mind. When you have seen him spare your life repeatedly and you know you should not be here, you begin to understand it was nobody but my Jesus who kept me. You realize there is a purpose.

You see, you know that if he didn't do another thing, you would still continue to praise him. I don't want the rocks praising him for me. I still know how great God is, He has been by my side since I can remember keeping me from harm. God has not only protected my life and my family but he has always come through for me. What I want to do more than anything is to honor God at every stage of my life and thank him for his goodness and his mercy all the days of my life.

The scripture on my heart is Phillipians 3:10 (For my determined purpose is) that I may know Him ( that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His person more strongly and more clearly) , and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection.....

No comments:

Post a Comment