Monday, July 4, 2011

James 1:3 ....the trying of your faith worketh patience

After many challenges in the area of health in my family the Lord gave me James 1:3. The trying of my faith has definitely strengthened my patience. I have had to overcome a challenge myself physically. Then it seemed to be one illness after another in the family. Many times we just keep it moving knowing on the inside there is nothing too hard for our God. However, on some days we wonder why (because our flesh begins to take control). We ask God how could this be? We know what the word says that by your stripes (Lord) we are already healed.

Yet for some strange reason the enemy has been able to stay in the ring longer than he should. I realize that sometimes that means more fasting, more alone time with our creator. We have to spend more time strengthening our spirit and come from the spirit instead of our natural feelings and flesh. It is simply time to size the enemy up and knock him out of the ring because you win. No more revolving doors. The Lord has shown me while we must be patient we do not have to tolerate illness at all. Isaiah 53:5 says that by his stripes we are healed. That means it is finished, we must take a stand and know it more than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment