Sunday, November 21, 2010

No Pharisees! I need Gods Love in My life! Agape!

The greatest lesson I have learned in my love life is Gods love is never changing. I do not need people who change like the wind. I need people who are truly made in the image of God. You see God is never changing. He doesn't love you when you do everything right and stop loving you when he knows you got something wrong. I want truly God like people surrounding my children who understand them and truly understand God. The scripture that has been on my heart is Hebrews 13:8 "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."

The reason the compliment my son received the other day was so important to me was because he said "your son never changed" he thought it was an act because we meet wishy washy people all too often who call themselves Christian. It helped me understand why Jesus chose the disciples he chose, they were not the classic perfect people they were real! As my mother would say they had problems but they were loyal. We never knew the name of the Pharisee but we knew the name of Thomas. As bad as people say he was Jesus felt we needed to know the names of the people who were real, they were significant and he still wanted us to remember their name.

My mother always said you need the good, the bad and the indifferent. You see she was saying don't limit yourself to any group of people. For you will find Christ like people everywhere you go. Some times non Christians can be more Christ like simply because of their character, so when I say Christ like I truly mean people of character who are the same who don't change with the wind. That is the characteristics I want poured into my children.

If I understood anything during my trials it was that God was answering my prayers that he remove those around me who were not true and I am grateful that he showed me my Christ like people that I can depend on. Much love to you my circle of family and friends who are always there and remain true!

As I was listening to the trials of Tiger Woods, Tye Tribett and others I am thinking God they erred but who are we to keep them under condemnation? I totally understand Gods frustration with the Pharisee. The Pharisee is consumed with looking good and not about being real and true. So when you mistreat people or stand in judgement of others remember your character is truly on display too! I believe that is the purpose of the scripture Matthew 7:1 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged." to be a reminder to us that we all sin and fall short of the glory of God! Romans 3:23

© 2010 Denise Loundes-Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment