Saturday, November 27, 2010

Near Homelessness! Do nice people finish last?

Glory to God! You know I am in a very fragile place in my heart. I recently told my husband I am tired of being the "nice Christian" because nice people finish last. People think you don't know or don't have a clue what they have done or what is in their hearts. He turned to me and said "don't stop being who you are."

So as I revealed a touch of what I went through when I left my home and relocated to Charlotte, NC I had to think it through. It was my best friend that paid for my hotel stay as I was trying to get my thoughts together. It was the church who continued to take care of my hotel stay as I was going through. Then it was a stranger that rented me a place "the place that only God himself had prepared for us." He whispered it to me in scripture "I have prepared a place for you." John 14:1-2

So there are people that God used along my way through the storms. You see I like My mother had put people up when they were in need and they turned their back when they thought I needed but Thank God I knew He was my source.

When my mom was dying not a soul had the heart to take her in. They did quite the contrary they did whatever they could to make her uncomfortable and she shared before her death. So in my heart I was in shock to hear the very person she took in from domestic violence spew "she was not willing to deal with her." I thought wow this is family. It occurred to me then that family is a state of mind. It is a state of being family. It was then that I realized it's okay because Mom is my family and I will do my best to take care of her.

So as I am presented once again with the issues of family verses "family" I spew I will not be a fool, but I will hold on to my love for people and for Christ. I will do what is best for my family. Best does not always mean giving them what they want. Sometimes what is best is giving them the truth. The truth that I know the real truth behind it all.

God has reminded me that there is a time for everything. He said "David was not nice when he told Goliath he would cut off his head." He also revealed that when Joseph was mistreated he handled the situation with care. Keep me in prayer Saints as I rise above the storm armed with Gods love.

© 2010 Denise Loundes-Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment