Saturday, November 26, 2011

The importance of family

As I woke up this morning reflecting on what is important. I thought about this month and how I gave my home schooled child Lynwood a career assessment. He answered one question to my surprise. The question was: if there was one adult he could be like who would it be and why? He responded "I want to be like my Mom because she is so kind to everyone." I thought.......wow you never really know what children are thinking of you. He is a child of little words but always thinking.

My baby is 9 years old and so intelligent and just an absolute joy to raise and teach. I am always impressed by how he wakes up and is ready. He brushes his teeth etc. and is ready to be where he needs to with little to no prompting from me. He is rare and what I call easy to raise as my Mom use to say about me. She would say "she never gives me any trouble she just does what she is suppose to." ......very similar to my daughter as well.

I always think about Proverbs and how it says one day your children will rise up and call you blessed. That is such a motivation in pouring all of me into my family. There is nothing on this earth that I can take with me except my family and therefore, my priority is always my family. I am just very grateful that God has blessed me with such a wonderful and caring family above all else. For they are worth far more than rubies or gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment