Sunday, August 21, 2011

Really moved by your thoughtfulness

As this school year approcahes I have been totally out of it recovering from a rigorous summer. I have been blessed by a sister in Christ who has been like an exercise coach and nutitionist to me. As I struggled with swelling and weight gain. She has helped me choose and take excercise classes and reevaluate my eating habits to get back on course. As we get older it is so true that the weight loss process does truly get tougher. However, it has been a matter of learning what the fat burning foods are rather than eating just for survival. As I stated I felt eating was for necessity as a child and when I got married eating for pleasure occurred......because my husband is an excellent cook. However, the time has come where eating wisely is more important for me now.

The main reason I decided to write this article was to thank the kind people who are truly the village in my life. My church gave my son a going back to school bin filled with college supplies, my children's summer camp gave them back to school back packs filled with supplies and my sister and a neighbor came with backpacks for the 14 year old and 17 year old. Normally I have all their supplies pretty much ready. However, we were so consumed with keeping our promise to our 14 year old to get him to his friends premiere in Ohio, which we accomplished and truly enjoyed by the grace of God we made it. We had to keep our promise to my daughter to get her through her process of being enrolled in a christian school and the school supplies unconsciously became the least of my concerns.

Isn't God just amazing how he takes care of his children. I normally buy a closet full of supplies, but this year I felt peace that they would have what they need. And just as God always has he truly supplied our every need. Thank you to all the vessels that keep me humble and keep me knowing it truly is the village that makes it happen! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment