Friday, May 20, 2011

Winning in every sense of the word! Congratulations Remi!

On May 14, 2011 we were blessed to see my beautiful neice walk across the stage and receive a dual degree in Biology and Psychology from Winston Salem University. She not only graduated, she graduated with honors Magna Cum Laude.

I know it was bittersweet for her on November 16, 2005 because we were to celebrate her birthday but instead she turned to me and said "did grandma have to go on my birthday Auntie." I hope she understands that God has used her to show that it was not in vain. Grandma worked so hard so that one day the future generations would not have to. She wanted so much for us to have more and be more. So when you walked across the stage it was not only de ja vu. It was so much more significant because you did what was expected, you did even better than the generations that came before you.

Remi I am so proud of your marvelous determination and efforts. I could not be happier to say you brought forth a Victory that was long overdue making Grandma so proud. You won baby girl in so many ways and we are all so very proud of you! Keep shining your light and continue to win in every sense of the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment