Tuesday, February 16, 2016

The world and my children are challenging me so I better meditate on the word

This morning my daughter said to me "Mom see where being kind gets you".... I had to really reflect on her words. I said "You be kind because you should be." Not a very good answer. However, we can't let others dictate who we should be.  I was really at a loss for words. Here I am being someone I may not be. I was once this fighter who rarely lost at anything. Yet today as a Christian I find myself possibly forgiving too much and being tolerant of too much. Some how being kind has mixed itself with being tolerant of foolishness. She's right sometimes you can't be Kind. You have to be stern and show people that you are not willing to accept their lies, their deceit and their behaviors and allow them to take responsibility for their actions. How do I continue to teach them to be kind when people are clearly not kind? Help me Lord on this journey to live by faith and not by sight. Simply meditating on your word Lord.

Ephesians 4:32(ESV)

32 Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

No comments:

Post a Comment