Wednesday, November 27, 2013

I Miss You, My First Best Friend..... R.I.P. Mommy

You were my 1st best friend.
You taught me so many things, especially to lend.

To lend my heart, and to give each person my all.
You taught me how to always stand tall.

Despite the hardships that you endured.
It was you that always made me feel assured.

Assured that this world we live in could change.
To never believe we'd remain the same.

You taught me how to forgive, even when I didn't want to which became a plus.
Because I was the one ready and willing to fight and cuss.

You taught me kindness, because I began to develop a thick skin.
You taught me the fear of God, so I never wanted to sin.

On that fateful day when God called you home.
I finally realized what it meant to feel so alone.

God Blessed me with a new best friend long before you parted this earth.
And for that I am grateful because he Blessed me with a mate that produced tremendous seed on this earth.
He further reminds me, when I am down and out what I am truly worth.

But I realize that there is still so much work to do.
Know that I won't stop missing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment